Saturday, August 26, 2017

Be it ever so humble....

There's no place like home...

Today's Travel: Ashland KY to Philadelphia PA= 500 miles
TRIP TOTAL= 5, 840 (actually, at least 6,000 if you add in the search for the sunflower farm and Jesse's accidental trip west on I-70 when he missed the turn for Walmart)

     After three weeks on the road, I was truly wishing that I could just click my heels together and be transported to home sweet home. This stretch would be 500 miles, the longest since the leg from Cheyenne WY  to Salina Kansas, with more traffic and more connections to make. Fortunately, having made the trip to and from Ashland before, I considered this home turf. For the last time, we packed up, I filled my travel mug with coffee, and we hit the road.

     Here is a beautiful rest stop in Maryland. I took a picture of the information plaque.

     Like Dory, we "just kept going, just kept going..." and finally, we were on the PA Turnpike.

  A familiar sight, heading EAST on the PA Turnpike.

     Clouds over Pennsylvania. Montana does not have a corner market on beautiful clouds.

     Hills of Pennsylvania. We were home after dark, but at least, we were HOME.
LOOK FOR FUTURE POSTS: "Was it worth it?" and "Lessons Learned."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it worth it?

Have passport, will travel!      After I posted about the Eclipse on facebook, a friend commented, "Was it worth it?"      ...